Thursday, November 13, 2008

Balance and the sun...

Today's tip is actually 2 tips...both of which I am sure you will see again! The first is balance your picture top to bottom and side to side. This series of photographs are of D's grandpa helping Fuss ride a bike and scooter for the first time! It was so adorable to see Fuss with his Great Grandpa having so much fun that I had to capture the moment. Obviously, I did that without concern that Grandpa was even in the pictures completely. I mean, who needs a back anyway.... Also, if you notice, and how can you help but not, that there is plenty of room at the bottom of the picture to see their extended shadows, and yet at the top Grandpa's head rests at the border...

The other tip is to beaware of where the sun is and how it is reflecting in your lens. Even though it appears as if I am taking this picture behind a foggy window, I was, in fact, standing right in front of them...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my "How not to take pictures" blog. I hope you enjoy. Please leave your cleanly worded thoughts and opinions for everyone to enjoy!